Liechtenstein Marketing was launched as an independent establishment under public law on 1 January 2012. Liechtenstein Marketing is responsible for marketing the Principality of Liechtenstein as an economic centre and tourism destination. National communications, location marketing, destination management and event management constitute the core tasks of the company.
The business activities of Liechtenstein Marketing are performed in accordance with:
- the Location Promotion Act (Standortförderungsgesetz – “SFG”)
- the Law on the Control and Oversight of Public Enterprises (Gesetz zur Steuerung öffentlicher Unternehmen – “ÖUSG”)
- the strategy of the owner
- the Articles and the Rules of Organisation
- the Service Agreement with the Government